Admin 03 Apr 2022
Best Window Coverings for Rental Property
Designing rental properties is not always easy. When you\'re planning to lease your property to someone else, you want to spend as little as possible in creating the most stylish property. At the same time, you would also like to make choices that can sustain over a longer time. Basic furnishings are necessary before you rent your house out. And for that, choosing suitable curtains and drapes
that are easy to maintain and economical can be a task. But the right choice can change and embellish the look of your space immensely. This blog will cover window covering ideas to keep in mind for your rental property. Here are some different types of curtains and drapes or window coverings you should consider for your rental property:
Blinds are hard window coverings with cords or handles to pull them up or lower them down as you want. Slates or louvers are used to form the blinds that can be drawn across a window to manage visibility and the amount of light in the room. Custom blinds are generally easy to clean and maintain, so they don\'t fade over a period of time. Blinds can be made of different materials like plastic, metal, wood, faux wood, woven wood, etc. While plastic is the most commonly used material for blinds since they are economical, people often prefer wood or faux wood to give their properties a traditional, classy and clean look. Here\'s a list of different types of blinds that you could choose for your rental property:
- Venetian Blinds: A perfect option for properties where you need both privacy and natural light, Venetian blinds come in a different range of colors made either of aluminum or timber to give your property a chic look.
- Panel Glide Blinds: Perfect for sliding or French doors, panel glide blinds are easy-to-use, often mounted above the door or window they cover.
- Roller Blinds: Roller blinds are often considered an easy option for the simple reasons: they work, are easy to clean and affordable. They are perfect for smaller size rooms or kitchens.
- Vertical Blinds: Vertical blinds work exceptionally well for large doors and windows but are also a perfect choice for bedrooms for maximum privacy without light obstruction.
Not sure which blinds are a perfect fit for your property? Blinds Thomastown
is here to help you!
Unlike blinds, shades are soft window treatments made of cloth or fabric that offer your windows a warm shade. As the name \'soft window coverings\' suggest, they do not have any slates or vanes and are made of cloth that can stack neatly at the top of your window. Just like blinds, shades can also be adjusted to meet the level of opacity you require in your rooms. Shades are a good choice when considering different window covering ideas since they come in different styles. We have curated a few of them here for you as suggestions to help you decide better.
- Roller Shades: These are often considered all-purpose window treatments since they\'re customizable to anything you want. Roller shades can be drawn or pulled up without any folding. They are a good fit for any room in your house.
- Cellular Shades: Cellular shades get their name from their pleated structure and the honeycomb style they come in. Both attractive and energy-efficient, cellular shades can perfectly fit rental properties.
- Roman Shades: Roman shades are the ultimate choice when you want your window coverings to look luxurious. They are solely crafted from fabric and can give your property an architectural look.
- Transitional Shades: Transitional shades are more apt for modern spaces and allow the choice to control opacity depending on your needs. They are eye-catching and suitable for open spaces with minimal decorative pieces.
3. Plantation Shutters
Plantation shutters are one of the more popular window covering ideas. Plantation shutters can be a good choice when you want to replace the traditional blinds, shades, and curtains in your rental property. Best choice for their aesthetic appeal and insulating qualities, plantation shutters Thomastown
are made of titled wooden louvers which are similar to the slats on blinds. However, unlike the blinds that can be opened with cords or strings, plantation shutters are fit into the window frames and can be opened like doors. If you are considering plantation shutters for your rental properties, here are a few pros and cons to be mindful of: Pros:
- They are sturdy. This means, unlike the blinds or shades, they have better durability minus the risk of bending or crinkling.
- Plantation shutters are easy to clean. Since they are made of wood and fit in the window frames, keeping them clean is more accessible in comparison to other curtains and drapes.
- Plantation shutters are also popular because they are available in various styles. You can always find a style that complements the looks and needs of your rental property best.
- Great light infiltration. Plantation shutters allow great airflow while managing the luminosity of the room at the same time.
- Compared to curtains and drapes, plantation shutters are not as cheap. Since they are more durable and sturdy in quality, the cost is likely to go up when you choose them.
- Plantation shutters are fit in the window frames. Due to this, you cannot place any furniture in front of the window since it would restrict you from opening or closing the shutter.
- They require some amount of routine maintenance over a period of time to maintain the quality.
You can never go wrong with curtains when considering different window covering ideas
. There are various options for choosing the suitable curtains for your home - flat panel curtains, pleated panel curtains, eyelet panels, tab top curtains; the options are endless. But with style and affordability, one must not forget to consider the functionality of the curtains. Here are a few quick tips for things to keep in mind:
- Pick the right design. With curtains, you will have an endless choice of designs you could pick for your house. Pick a soft pattern to add a little color and aesthetic look to your rooms.
- Don\'t forget about privacy. Choose a fabric that can help you avoid prying eyes inside your property. You do not want your tenants to complain about that.
- Keep the window exposure and luminosity in mind. Pick a fabric that allows natural light into the room.
When you pick window coverings for a rental property, you want the best without spending much. Whittlesea Drapes can be your perfect partner in helping you make the right choice. Visit our website or stores now and choose the best for your home.